Who are IIEX’s Biggest Influencers in 2017?
Next week, our team will be attending the Insights Innovation Exchange (IIeX) 2017 in Atlanta, GA next week. IIeX brings together the best minds and leading innovators in the world of insights and market research.
We ran an Affinio analysis on everyone using the #IIeX2017 or #MRX, or #ConsumerInsights to reveal the nature of the audience interested in insight innovation.
Based off of these findings, in preparation for IIEX 2017, we decided to compile two lists: 2017’s Top 10 IIeX Influencers and 2017’s Top 10 Niche IIeX Influencers.
DISCLAIMER: While not all of these individuals may be attending IIeX 2017 or work directly in the space, using Affinio we identified that these individuals are still highly relevant and have a strong affinity to the individuals following market research and insights conversations on Twitter. This means that a large percentage of the audience interested in market research and insights are also interested in these individuals which include market researchers, social influencers, digital marketers, and more. These are the individuals making a true impact on the IIeX Conference audience.
You can read more about our methodology and the technology used to generate this list down below.
2017’s Top 10 IIeX Influencers
1. Annie Pettit – Market Research Trainer and Advisor, Annie Pettit Consulting @LoveStats
2. Leonard Murphy – Executive Editor & Producer, GreenBook Marketing Media @lennyism
3. Ray Poynter – Founder and Chair of NewMR @RayPoynter
4. Kristin Luck – Growth Strategist, Luck Collective @kristinluck
5. Jeffrey Henning – President, Researchscape International @JHenning
6. Kathryn Korostoff – President, Research Rockstar @ResearchRocks
7. Cathy Harrison – Virtual Research Director, Lieberman Research Worldwide @VirtualMRX
8. Dan Womack – Head of Insights, Aflac @DanWomack
9. Tom De Ruyck – Managing Partner & Head of Insights, InSites Consulting @tomderuyck
10. Steve August – Associate Vice President Marketing and Analytics @SteveAugust
2017’s Top 10 Niche IIeX Influencers
1. Beth Rounds – Chief Marketing Officer, Dapresy @bethrounds
2. Dyna Boen – Co-Founder & COO, UBMobile @DynaBoen1
3. Roddy Knowles – Director, Product and Research Methodology, Research Now @RoddyKnowles
4. Katrina Noelle – President, kNow Research @kat_noelle
5. Alice Morgan – Co-founder, ALTA Digital @AliceJMorgan
6. Mike Donatello – Social Science Research Analyst, National Rifle Association of America @researchologist
7. Kathy Doyle – President, Doyle Research Associates @DoyleResearch
8. Lisa Horwich – Managing Partner, Pallas Research Associates @PallasResearch
9. Michael Hoban – Vice President Client Services, MMR Research Associates @mg_hoban
10. Kristin Schwitzer – President and Qualitative Research Consultant, Beacon Research @kristins09
Interested in following these influencers? Check out our Twitter list here!
If you’re interested in market research and consumer insights, these are the community thought leaders you need to follow and engage with!
Many “Top Influencer” lists that currently exist use vanity metrics and basic demographic audience data to identify who is influential. Some take into account more advanced scores however there is still a key component missing: the audience.
At Affinio, we take an audience-first approach to identifying influencers. Affinio’s custom graph engine and machine learning algorithms allow you to get to know any audience intimately by understanding who they are through their interests, affinities, and the content they share and consume. Instead of relying on gut vanity metrics, users can identify relevant influencers and niche influencers using Affinio’s custom scores.
How we chose the Top Influencers:
These are the most contextually relevant accounts to the hashtags #IIeX2017, #MRX and #ConsumerInsights. To identify these, we list the individuals with the highest Relevance Score. The Relevance Score measures, from 0-100, those interests that are most likely to be relevant to this community based on affinity (see below for definition), audience size, and the number of community members who already follow the particular account.
How we chose the Top Niche Influencers:
These individual’s followers mainly reside in the #IIex, #MRX and #ConsumerInsights audience. We identified these individuals by looking at the highest Affinity scores. Affinity is how many times more likely a person in this community is to follow a particular account compared to any random person on the network (Twitter, in this case). While you may see people on this list with very little followers, those followers exist in the community highlighted, therefore they have unique influence over the IIEX audience.